SCOTTISH LEGAL AWARDS LAUNCHES 2023 PROGRAMME
The national independent awards programme for the Scottish legal industry has launched its 2023 competition with a pledge to recognise achievements in Scottish law.
The Scottish Legal Awards celebrates its 20th year this year and is looking forward to highlighting the work of individuals, teams and firms working to deliver seamless service clients and businesses throughout the last twelve months.
Entries are now open in 16 categories which reflect the broad work of Scotland’s 12,000 practising lawyers. A highly experienced and highly regarded judging panel of legal professionals will be chaired by Lorna Jack. She commented:
“These awards are always hotly anticipated, and I am looking forward to reviewing the hard work of individuals, teams and businesses across the Scottish legal services sector. Working with my colleagues on the judging panel, we are asking all forward-thinking organisations to consider their best work this year and pull together an entry. Letting the industry know about key achievements is always a real boost to teams and a great opportunity to celebrate as an industry in Edinburgh in September.”
Applications should be submitted before 12 noon on Wednesday 26th April 2023. The judging panel will debate in early June and the finalists will be announced a week later.
All the winners in this year’s awards will be revealed at the Scottish Legal Awards annual dinner, hosted by Des Clarke which takes place on Friday 29th September at the EICC, Edinburgh.
The 2023 awards continue to raise funds for two appointed charities; Lawscot Foundation which supports young people in studying law in Scotland and It’s Good 2 Give, which supports families who have children with cancer.
The 2023 Categories:
• Firm of the Year
• Excellence in Client Care
• Community Contribution Award
• Legal Technology Award
• Litigation Team of the Year
• Real Estate Team of the Year
• Residential Property Team of the Year
• Commercial In-House Legal Team of the Year
• Public Sector In-House Legal Team of the Year
• Criminal Defence Team of the Year
• Support Team of the Year
• Family Law or Private Client Team of the Year
• Employment Law Team of the Year
• Corporate and Commercial Team of the Year
• Lifetime Achievement Award
• Chairman or Managing Partner of the Year
• Lawyer of the Year
• In-House Lawyer of the Year
• Paralegal of the Year
• Rising Star of the Year